Live Online Ukulele Appreciation Course (Group)
The Ukulele Appreciation Course is a short-term (4 x 1hr) course designed for beginners who are not ready or able to commit long term. Participants will be exposed to different styles of playing over the course period and they will get to learn the basics of strumming and picking.
Apart from singing and strumming you will also learn how to read tabs, play simple melodies and play as part of an ensemble.
The session will be conducted on a group video meeting format where you can interact with the instructor in real-time from the safety and comfort of your home.
Format & Materials:
• Minimum age: 7 yrs old, no maximum age
• Beginners with no prior experience with musical instruments
• 4 sessions of one hour each
• The same instructor will be assigned to you throughout the 4 sessions
• Course material will be provided in pdf
What you need:
Terms & conditions:
• A smart phone or tablet or computer with webcam and mic/speakers
• Stable internet connection
• Free video conferencing app (Zoom Meetings)
• A ukulele (preferably pre-tuned or the instructor can guide you on tuning)
This course is non-transferable after commencement
• Minimum of 4 signups for the class to start
• Maximum of 8 students per class
• A reminder will be sent a day before first lesson starts
• Meeting ID and passcode will be sent in the reminder (via email and/or WhatsApp)
• No-show will result in the lesson being forfeited
• Lessons will start and end as per allocated timing
• In the event that the instructor is not able to make it, students will be informed in advance for postponement or replaced with another instructor.
• UM is not responsible for the quality of video feed on student's phone/tablet/computer as that is dependent on the individual's service provider, wifi signal, smartphone camera/mic quality
• By signing up, you agree to have your video image viewed by fellow classmates. UM will not be liable for the usage of such images by other parties