Since before Kanile’a was founded, Joe was innovating and creating new and sometimes outrageous designs. His first ‘ukulele was a Concert body with a Tenor neck, now known as a Super-Concert or Long-Neck Concert. Other designs that were pushing the boundaries have made an impact in the ‘ukulele world, like the Guitarlele, Super-Tenor, and the 19″ Tenor scale length.
Having grown up as an `ukulele player Joe understood what might work, and what wouldn’t, from a player’s perspective. It took years to perfect the craft of playing as well as building. Musicianship was taught to Joe by his late mother and his late Aunt starting when he was in the 4th grade. His training as a luthier began with the late, “Uncle” Peter Bermudez in 1991. Though gone, his teachings will never be forgotten.
Now his 3 sons, Kaimana, Iokepa, and Kahiau are actively learning and absorbing the knowledge that has been passed down through many generations. Blending new age abilities and paying homage to the education from previous generations, Kanile’a is proud to present the 2020 Limited Edition Platinum.
Kanile'a 2020 Platinum Limited Edition Tenor
Pre-order available. Estimated delivery is 6–8 weeks. There may be delays due to COVID-19 movement restrictions in Oahu.
Please contact us at email@example.com to order.
• Kanile`a Original, Super Tenor Body
• Master grade solid Hawaiian Koa
• Mahogany neck
• Platinum crown slotted headstock
• Gotoh Stealth Cosmo Black Tuners with Kanile`a Knobs
• Ebony fretboard, bridge, bridge pins, and head plate
• NuBone nut and saddle
• Kailua beach sand fretmarkers, fretboard and soundboard inlay, and retro '98 Kanile'a Old English logo inlay
• Double-bound flamed maple binding, back and tail strip
• Kolohala* armrest and cutaway bevel
• D-shaped soundhole with Kolohala* and Kailua beach sand alternating rosette
• Oval side sound port with Kolohala* trim
• Curly Maple Front and Back Binding
• Curly Maple Back Strip
• Curly Maple Tail Strip
• UV-cured high gloss body UV SILK satin neck
• TRU-R bracing: (Total Resonating Ukulele Redesigned) Increased vibration and resonance
• Strung with silver wound low-G
• Includes a premium Kanile'a carrying case
* Hawaiian Pheasant Wood