Kanile`a Ukulele celebrates 20 years with this exquisite Kanile'a Platinum 2018 Limited Edition tenor instrument designed by company co-owner and master luthier Joe Souza. Read more about it here.
Only 200 of these timeless instruments will be built. Available only in 2018.
• Kanile`a Tenor 4-string `ukulele
• 5A Master Grade Curly Koa body
• Radiused back
• TRU-R (Total Resonating `Ukulele Redesigned) bracing system
• Curly Koa front binding
• Ebony bevel “scoop” cutaway
• Ebony armrest
• Exclusive Ebony rosette featuring 20 adult and 20 keiki Koa gree leaves with Curly Koa trim
• Side sound port in a three Koa leaf design
• Redesigned Kanile`a Traditional Thin Slotted headstock
• Ebony fret board, bridge & head plate
• Curly Koa position markers & logo
• Gold Gotoh Stealth tuners
• Black TUSQ nut and compensated saddle
• Aquila Corde strings
• UV Cured High Gloss body / UV Silk neck finish
Each instrument, with the exception of an eight string, may be equipped with a “G” fourth course (196Hz or low G string) fixed with a 0.029″ Phosphor Bronze wire-wrapped nylon-core string for no extra charge. The woven “low G-string” is tuned an octave lower, which gives a richer sound and opens a wider picking range.