EXCHANGE / RETURN POLICY
At UKULELE MOVEMENT, we guarantee that all products are checked thoroughly before being shipped out. As such, all products are free from defects when they leave our warehouse facilities. However, if for any reason you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can exchange it for another item (please read the conditions below).
Terms and conditions for returns/exchanges
1. All returns and exchanges must be made within 14 days (for local orders) and 30 days (for international orders) after you have received your merchandise from us. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +65 6299 1942 before you ship the merchandise that you wish to return.
2. The customer will bear all shipping charges. A shipping quote will be included in the exchange form which will be emailed to you after we receive your exchange request. Payment can be made with credit/debit card or paypal.
3. Merchandise must be returned in the original (brand new) condition, showing no signs of wear, pick scratches, scratches from belt-buckle or jewelry, dings, scrapes, chips, or cracks.
4. All returns must include the original invoice, be packed in the original packaging including all original tags, instruction manual (if any), warranty cards (if any), free accessories (if any), and the exchange form issued to you. Your exchange will not be processed if you fail to produce the required items.
5. All returns must be shipped via registered mail or the equivalent method you receive your merchandise from us. Please email the tracking number to us once you have shipped off the package. All packages must be marked "DEFECTIVE GOODS. RETURN TO SUPPLIER" on the airway bill and/or custom declaration form/label, otherwise you will be charged the sales taxes incurred.
6. Refunds are made for product value only, excluding shipping and handling charges for any returns or exchanges, other than craftsmanship defects or shipping damage. If the product is defective or has been damaged during shipping, we will refund the full amount of the original purchase.
7. No refund will be given for exchanges where the value of the item is lower than the original item. You have the option of using the difference to purchase other items.
8. The following items are returnable only if defective, unopened or unused: books, CDs, DVDs, strings, wind instruments, strings, electronics, and polishing cloths. If defective, these items will only be exchanged for same product.
9. Made-to-order ukuleles are not returnable, or exchangeable. Any ukulele that has been modified eg. strap button or pickup installed are not returnable/exchangeable.
10. All ukuleles returned to us must be packed and sent back to us with the same care that we give when sending you the instrument. When shipping the ukulele back to us please follow the shipping guidelines below:
a) For ukulele with cases: First wrap the ukulele with bubble wrap before placing the ukulele in a ukulele case, please secure the ukulele so it does not move within the case. Then wrap the case with several layers of bubble wrap and place in box. Seal all gaps with cello tape to ensure the box does not open during shipping.
b) For ukulele without a case: If no case is purchased, wrap the ukulele with bubble wrap, then place it in a cardboard box and secure it so it does not move by using more bubble wrap or paper to fill the empty gaps inside the box. Seal all gaps with cello tape to ensure the box does not open during shipping.
11. Refunds are possible only if goods are deemed defective and only if UM is not able to repair or replace the defective goods with a similar item.
12. The full refund amount will take into account the state of the goods resulting from the consumer's use. If goods show signs of wear and tear, UM reserved the right to refund only a percentage of the full amount to the customer.
13. If your original item was shipped with FREE SHIPPING promotion, the value of the shipping cost we incurred will be deducted from your refund.
14. All conditions stated above must be fulfilled before an exchange can be authorized.
How to make a local exchange
All returns and exchanges must be made within 14 days after you have received your merchandise from us. Please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 6299 1942 and provide the order reference number and model no. of the items you want to return. An exchange form will be emailed to you and it has to be printed and included in your returned package.
There are 2 ways to make a local exchange:
1) Exchange at retail store
2) Online exchange
Exchange at retail store (local)
For exchanges at retail store, you can only exchange your returned item for the same item. Eg: A Makala soprano MK-S can only be exchanged for another MK-S. You are required to bring along your online invoice, the exchange form, together with the item(s) in its original condition and packaging to the retail store. Your exchange will not be processed if you fail to produce any of the required items. Our Uke Advisors will assess the condition of your returned items and process the exchange if valid. UM reserves the right to reject any returns if they do not fulfill the terms and conditions stated.
Online exchange (local)
For online exchanges, you can exchange your item(s) for any other item(s) as long as they are in stock.
Step 1: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 6299 1942 and provide the order reference number and model no. of the items you want to return.
Step 2: Pack the unwanted item(s) into its original box with packing materials to prevent damage. Please read the terms & conditions for items to include in the package and how to pack ukuleles.
Step 3: Ship the parcel by your preferred courier service or by Singpost islandwide delivery.
Step 4: Email us the tracking number after you have shipped the item(s).
Step 5: Make payment via our emailed invoice link for the shipping of your new item(s) and any additional cost for the new item(s).
We will inspect your item(s) when we receive it/them and your exchange will be processed within 5 business days of receipt. You will be notified if your preferred item is not in stock.
UM reserves the right to return the item(s) to the sender if the returned item(s) is/are received either damaged through shipping or deemed not in its original condition. You can choose to pay for return shipping or collect back the item(s) at the retail store.
How to make an international exchange
See steps above for online exchange (local)
*Business days refer to Mondays to Fridays. It does not include Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays.